Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2008 ISBN: 978-0-470-22590-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2008 by Ivor Horton; ISBN: 9780470225905
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2008 ISBN: 978-0-470-22590-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old May 17th, 2010, 10:48 PM

Smile Problem with CLR Sketcher, chapter 14

AS I only have the visual study 2008 express, which does not have MFC, I am trying to implement the chapter 14 SKETCHER program using CLR--windows form application.

Everything goes fine as the book goes explaining, up to the point on page 839, were you say:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The element type and the drawing color are modal, so you should add variables to the Form1 class to store the current element type and color. You can do this manually or use a code wizard to do it; let’s try the latter. Right-click on Form1 in Class View and select Add /Add Variable... from the pop-up.
Select the Access as private, double-click the default variable type and enter Element Type and type the variable name as element Type. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can not get the code wizard to appear in order to Add the variable, have tried many times.
Also I do not find on the text following that paragraph the explanation on how to do it without the wizard

could you pls help

besides this problem, I found the book extremely well written and highly didactic.

thanks in advance

jjosea

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to meteormatt Send a message via Yahoo to meteormatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjosea View Post
AS I only have the visual study 2008 express, which does not have MFC, I am trying to implement the chapter 14 SKETCHER program using CLR--windows form application.

Everything goes fine as the book goes explaining, up to the point on page 839, were you say:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The element type and the drawing color are modal, so you should add variables to the Form1 class to store the current element type and color. You can do this manually or use a code wizard to do it; let’s try the latter. Right-click on Form1 in Class View and select Add /Add Variable... from the pop-up.
Select the Access as private, double-click the default variable type and enter Element Type and type the variable name as element Type. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can not get the code wizard to appear in order to Add the variable, have tried many times.
Also I do not find on the text following that paragraph the explanation on how to do it without the wizard

could you pls help

besides this problem, I found the book extremely well written and highly didactic.

thanks in advance

jjosea

I do not know CLR.

Sorry.