Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C++ and Visual C++ > BOOK: Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2010
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2010
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2010 by Ivor Horton; ISBN: 9780470500880
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2010 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default vb6 server will not port to visual basic.net??

i have a server (written with vb6) that is called from a vb6 application. the app in vb6 -- on another machine-- allows me to add it as a reference and uses it correctly . the server is a .exe file

when i tried se it as a reference from a visual basic 2012 in visual studio it gave the message " ... could not be added. please make sure that the file is accessible, and
that it is a valid assembly or com component.

my fear is that you can't port servers from vb6 into the new technology.

is this an expected feature of the .net visual basic or is there some switch to allow porting "old vb6servers"

i really think i am out of luck and unfortunately it was written a while ago and the source code is goneeeeeeeeee.

thank you for considering this.

folly