Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB ISBN: 978-0-470-18757-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET 3.5: In C# and VB by Bill Evjen, Scott Hanselman, Devin Rader; ISBN: 9780470187579
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB ISBN: 978-0-470-18757-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Default SessionState Lost

Here's the scenario.
I've stored data in some session variables. I then redirect to another site, where they in turn immediately respond to what I've sent them. The first time I send the request and get the response my session variables are gone. I do see a session ID (it's different from the one I get when the application starts up). Just out of frustration I sent it a second time and now my server variables persist as they should, but with a new session ID. And now each subsequent response.redirect comes back as expected with the same session ID and my variables work fine. I don't get it. The problem is I don't have the luxury of sending a second redirect. I need to confirm the response with my session variables with one (the first) request.

FYI, I've tried using out-of-process Session State as suggested in Chapter 22 (pg 1046), but I get the same results.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Old March 5th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Wrox Author

Send a message via AIM to dparsons

Do you have to redirect the user outside your domain or could this page you are redirecting to be called in code via a WebRequest/Response?

What exactly is the page that is outside your domain doing?

hth.
-Doug
Did someone here help you? Click on their post!
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves."
===============================================

Old March 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Hi Doug, thanks for your response.

The purpose of this page is to send sensitive information to a vendor. Their response must be verified with the info stored in the session variables.

I hadn't tried your suggestion, but I'm certainly open to it. Do you know if it will allow the session to persist? How will I retrieve/receive their response?

I'll have to look into this.

Thanks again.

- Leonard

Old March 5th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Wrox Author

Send a message via AIM to dparsons

Session values can't cross domains / applications (in the case of the latter I know it is possible to configure your server to allow this).

I am not sure how it is even possible, regardless of subsequent requests, that the values become available to the page that you are sending the user to??
Did someone here help you? Click on their post!
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves."
===============================================

Old August 24th, 2010, 08:02 AM

Default RE:

Hi ,

You can't share session variables cross domain or application. What you could do, send info in hidden field with encrypted format or after hashing it to the second application in post header.

Hope this could help you.