Reposting here in case the original question got lost in its original thread.
I am having an *enormous* amount of trouble getting the ASPNETDB.mdf set up for SQL Membership. Despite all of the following:
- Set roleManager = TRUE in web.config
- Run aspnet_regSQL on my local SQLXPRESS (yes, the E is missing; SQLEXPRESS didn't install right the first time and I couldn't reuse it)
- ASP.NET project files reside on my local desktop
- ASP.NET project does have SQLXPRESS and two remote SQL servers listed in DB Explorer (but nothing shows up under App_Data in Solution Explorer)
- I do have admin rights
- I do have read/write privileges on the App_Data folder
- Select Tools > Options > DB Tools > Data Connections and setting SQL Server Instance = SQLXPRESS, then blank for default
I still keep getting the following error when trying to access WSAT's Security tab:
There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database.
I am dead in the water until I can resolve this. Can anyone please help?????
Thanks in advance.