Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB ISBN: 978-0-470-18757-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET 3.5: In C# and VB by Bill Evjen, Scott Hanselman, Devin Rader; ISBN: 9780470187579
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB ISBN: 978-0-470-18757-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Authorized User

Unhappy Cannot get WSAT to start up SQL Membership

Hello,

Reposting here in case the original question got lost in its original thread.

I am having an *enormous* amount of trouble getting the ASPNETDB.mdf set up for SQL Membership. Despite all of the following:
  • Set roleManager = TRUE in web.config
  • Run aspnet_regSQL on my local SQLXPRESS (yes, the E is missing; SQLEXPRESS didn't install right the first time and I couldn't reuse it)
  • ASP.NET project files reside on my local desktop
  • ASP.NET project does have SQLXPRESS and two remote SQL servers listed in DB Explorer (but nothing shows up under App_Data in Solution Explorer)
  • I do have admin rights
  • I do have read/write privileges on the App_Data folder
  • Select Tools > Options > DB Tools > Data Connections and setting SQL Server Instance = SQLXPRESS, then blank for default
I still keep getting the following error when trying to access WSAT's Security tab:
There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database.
I am dead in the water until I can resolve this. Can anyone please help?????

Thanks in advance.

~Eddie