Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 3.5 > BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 by Rob Conery, Scott Hanselman, Phil Haack, Scott Guthrie; ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 29th, 2009, 10:55 PM

Default NerdDinner The view 'Index' or its master could not be found

I'm trying to create the NerdDinner by walking through chapter 1, and encountering "The view 'Index' or its master could not be found" on http://localhost/14047/Dinners
The view 'Index' or its master could not be found. The following locations were searched:
~/Views/Dinners/Index.aspx
~/Views/Dinners/Index.ascx
~/Views/Shared/Index.aspx
~/Views/Shared/Index.ascx

What am I missing?
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM

It sounds like you don't have an Index.aspx file in the Views/Dinners/ directory.

An easy way to fix this is to right click in the Index method in the DinnersController file and select Add View. Then Visual Studio will create the view for you and you should be able to see it.

I've been working through the NerdDinner example myself, so I'm no expert on this stuff. Hopefully what I suggested will work for you!
Old April 3rd, 2009, 02:27 AM

Default solution

U can download sourcecode to check.it works well .i 've completed CRUD operation
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM

Default Server Error in '/' Application.

Hi everyone,

I had the following "unexpected" problem: I added the create method (as described in the tutorial) and after that the create View (once again exactly as described in the tutorial).
Unexpectably I got a "The ressource can not be found" error!
After having deleted, the view and added it again, after having deleted even the method and the view and added them again, I got the same error!
I decided to restart VS2008, and ....... yes it works!!

Meziano