Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 by Rob Conery, Scott Hanselman, Phil Haack, Scott Guthrie; ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 ISBN: 978-0-470-38461-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Authorized User

Default Manage Profile Update problem?

Hi

i came across a funny thing and i am not sure it is normal or not.

Basically a registered user can enter the Manage My profile information only once.

For example I create a new user lets say Albert then i click on Manage My profile and fill in the Information. If i logout and login again with Albert when i press Manage My Profile i get a null reference exception here in the Usercontroller class:

Code:
            ProfileInformation profileInformation = new ProfileInformation()
            {
                FirstName = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("PersonalInformation.FirstName").ToString(),
                LastName = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("PersonalInformation.LastName").ToString(),
                BirthDate = (DateTime)profileBase.GetPropertyValue("PersonalInformation.BirthDate"),
                Website = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("PersonalInformation.Website").ToString(),
                Street = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("ContactInformation.Street").ToString(),
                City = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("ContactInformation.City").ToString(),
                State = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("ContactInformation.State").ToString(),
                Zipcode = profileBase.GetPropertyValue("ContactInformation.ZipCode").ToString()
            };
The funny thing is that if I delete the user from the database and create a new user with the same name and different password i still get the same error while when i create a new user with a name that has been never used before i can enter the information in Manage My Profile.

Anyone knows why this happens or why i can only enter information in Manage My Profile only once for a user?

If i test the original website from codeplex online i can change the Manage My Profile information as many times as i like for a user.

Cheers

Matt