Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 4 > BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET MVC 2 by Jon Galloway, Scott Hanselman, Phil Haack, Scott Guthrie, Rob Conery; ISBN: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 2 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM

Default Implementing the "Index" view Template (Ch1 page 51 figure 1-74)

Hello all,
I'm new to the the MVC and currently going through the tutorial in the book where I don't get the result that is displayed in figure 1-74 on page 52. When I run the application, I only see the "Upcoming" heading being displayed; no data from the database.

When I step though the code by debugging it, the "foreach" loop does not get executed. Any suggestion?

Thank you!
L.H
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 539, Level: 8 Points: 539, Level: 8 Points: 539, Level: 8
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Can you post your Index.aspx code here?

Also would like to see:

Index() method in DinnersController.cs

FindUpcomingDinners() method in DinnerRepository.cs btw, this code only looks for events that are in the future. Any events you have that that are in the past are ignored. So your code may be correct and it's just the data that is expired. If this is the case, change the dates of the events or create new events.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyinhawaiian For This Useful Post:
lagonave (December 2nd, 2010)
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 539, Level: 8 Points: 539, Level: 8 Points: 539, Level: 8
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Also, if you haven't already noticed. There a lot of errors in this chapter. Many have contributed to solutions in this forum. So be sure to search the forum when you get stuck. There's one particular post that lists nearly all the flaws.
Errata
The Following User Says Thank You to flyinhawaiian For This Useful Post:
lagonave (December 2nd, 2010)
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:37 AM

Default Implementing the "Index" view templaate solution

Thank you so much for your quick and right on answer. I have changed the only the month current month as suggested and ran the application, I saw all my upcoming dinners.

Regards,
L.H