Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional ASP.NET MVC 5 by Jon Galloway, Brad Wilson, K. Scott Allen, David Matson; ISBN: 978-1-118-79475-3
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional ASP.NET MVC 5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old October 28th, 2014, 02:42 PM

Default Professional MVC 4 & 5

Hi guys,

You, the writers and editors of "MVC Professional 5", made ​​a simple Copy / Paste "Professional MVC 4" to "MVC Professional 5". Simply editing the MVC 4 adding some tutorials I had saved enough money. I did not need to buy this edition of "Professional MVC 5".

I do not want or desire to acquire any new product from Wrox.

Bye

Old October 31st, 2014, 12:28 AM
Wrox Author

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.

As the lead author, I can tell you with certainty that several hundred hours of work were involved in updating from MVC 4 to MVC 5. Some of the main areas were in identity / authentication (chapter 7), completely new chapters (e.g. the single page application chapter), attribute routing (completely new for MVC 5), most of the chapter on the NuGet gallery, etc. Even simple things like updating from Visual Studio 2012 to Visual Studio 2013 required reshooting almost every screenshot in the book. The code samples were all updated from MVC 4 to MVC 5 (including all dependent NuGet packages, view updates to Bootstrap based views, etc.).

Also, I spent a lot of time in making the first 5-6 chapters of the book flow more smoothly. Previously, these chapters were written by different authors and we'd heard from lots of readers that it jumped around too much. I significantly rewrote these chapters so they flowed more smoothly.