Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Microsoft Robotics Studio ISBN: 978-0-470-14107-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio by Kyle Johns, Trevor Taylor; ISBN: 9780470141076
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Microsoft Robotics Studio ISBN: 978-0-470-14107-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to kyubot
Default Problem adding a service forwarder port in Chapter

Hi, I'm first here.
I'm currently trying to fallow chapter 3 step by step
and now I'm having trouble with the service forwarder port
in ServiceA.
I put this code at the top of the ServiceA class

// Create a port to access Service B,
// but we don't know where to send messages yet
serviceb.ServiceBOperations _servicebPort = null;

after adding other codes, I tried to build it but only can get
fallowing error message.

C:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\projects\ServiceA\ServiceA.cs(39,12): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ServiceBOperations' does not exist in the namespace 'Robotics.ServiceB' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I still don't know what I missing in the code.
I checked everything in the book with my code but found no missing parts.
Could you explain about the reason of the error and how to solve it?

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Authorized User

It would seem that you haven't added the proxy for ServiceB in your references. Forgive me if I am mistaken.

I think what you need to do is:
1. Right click references and select "Add reference"
2. go to the "Browse" tab and navigate to the folder where the "ServiceB" project resides
3. Click on the folder and then navigate to the Proxy folder, then the OBJ folder, then the Debug folder (please note you have to have compiled the ServiceB project first) then select ServiceB.Y####.M##.proxy.dll
4. If that does not allow compilation, you need to add a using reference: 'using Robotics.ServiceB.proxy;' (that is, if the namespace in ServiceB is 'Robotics')

It is not likely that you are actually struggling with the ServiceForwarder, since that particular object belongs in the DsspServiceBase class, which every DSS inherits from.

I hope that answers your question.

-Quintin
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM

Hello Quintin,
I already included the ServiceB proxy dll as reference to ServiceA.
As you mentioned I added the using declaration as:

Code:
using Robotics.ServiceB.Proxy;
but still doesn't work.
I only can suspect for now is that the reference cannot access to ServiceBOperations for some reason which I don't know.
There is no problem with compiling and running ServiceB, so I don't know what makes the problem.

Let me check again what I've been fallowing.
I added fallowing code
Code:
serviceb.ServiceBOperations _servicebPort = null;
in just right below :
      public class SercieAService : DsspServiceBase
under Robotics.ServiceA namespace

Thanks for help,

Old July 20th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Authorized User

Hmmm... I think it is a referencing issue - but without seeing code it is difficult.

In your using declaration, are you using ServiceB's proxy?
using Robotics.ServiceB.[u]proxy</u>;

Then you would get the operations by typing: Robotics.ServiceB.Proxy.ServiceBOperations;

Otherwise, host your code somewhere and I'll see if I can see what's going on. Have you tried compiling the author's code for this example? I checked it out and it works for me.

-Quintin (The University of Johannesburg)
Currently looking for affordable Russian (or equivalent) mail order bride. Must have masters level or higher in simulated robotics
Old July 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by qjay
 Hmmm... I think it is a referencing issue - but without seeing code it is difficult.

In your using declaration, are you using ServiceB's proxy?
using Robotics.ServiceB.[u]proxy</u>;

Then you would get the operations by typing: Robotics.ServiceB.Proxy.ServiceBOperations;

Otherwise, host your code somewhere and I'll see if I can see what's going on. Have you tried compiling the author's code for this example? I checked it out and it works for me.

-Quintin (The University of Johannesburg)
Currently looking for affordable Russian (or equivalent) mail order bride. Must have masters level or higher in simulated robotics
Man. you exactly pointed out the problem.
I finally realized that I didn't put the using declaration correctly.
I should have put .Proxy at the end.
Now it's compiling ok.
Thanks,