Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional Microsoft Robotics Studio ISBN: 978-0-470-14107-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio by Kyle Johns, Trevor Taylor; ISBN: 9780470141076
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Microsoft Robotics Studio ISBN: 978-0-470-14107-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old September 17th, 2009, 09:34 AM

Default Question about service for the Lynxmotion L6 robotic arm.

Dear Kyle/Trevor,

Thanks for writing such a great book (based on recommendations and reviews), which I am about to buy.

I was referred to your book (and associated forum) by AravindaDP from MSDN’s Robotics Forums - Hardware Configuration and Troubleshooting section.

I am looking for a couple of reasonably-priced (hobbyist-budget-friendly), easy to setup, robotic arms that have been successfully tested in the MsRDS environment. Hopefully with services available.

AravindaDP recommended the Lynxmotion L6 robotic arm and mentioned that your book has a service for the L6. The problem is that Lynxmotion discontinued the L6 in favor of the Lynx AL5.

Do you know if the service available for the (now discontinued) Lynx 6 in the Profesional Microsoft Robotic Developer Studio Book site works for the Lynx AL5?

Thanks for your help.

Jose

Old September 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wrox Author

Default Robotic Arms

The Lynxmotion arm uses the SSC32 controller. I believe that there newer arms also use the same controller. This means that you will be able to control another arm using a modified version of the L6 service, which calles the SSC32 service. In particular, you will have to figure out the lengths of the linkages, and maybe add another joint or two.

In future, please post to the Microsoft Forums.

Trevor