SDK emulation options disabled
Depending on the steps described in the book Professional Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 to create a custom run time image and then creating SDK for it, I have the following scenario, based on Windows Embedded 6.0 R3:
1) I cloned device emulator BSP to build a custom image based on it.
2) Created new OS design and selected the cloned BSP as the target.
3) Customized the OS design and build it and everything went just fine, I can launch my custom image using attach device option from target menu.
4) Created a new SDK so that I can use it to create new applications separately from the OS design project.
5) The emulation options of the SDK are disabled and can't be modified, so I left it as it is.
6) I built the SDK, installed it, created a new application project, build it, tried to launch the emulator, but the only thing I have is a black screen.
So, what is the problem with that? Is there any missing step I didn't do? I have read in msdn that in order to enable Emulator support in SDK I have to add support for the device emulator BSP to my OS design, but my OS design is built on a clone of device emulator BSP as I mentioned previously.
Thank you and any help is highly appreciated.