Error 404 on windows 2003 with IIS6
I could not get PHP pages to display in IIS 6 with Windows 2003, using the default install of the book(Begining PHP5 0-7645-5783-1)
Thank God I found the missing part of the puzzle. If you've been encountering the same problem here is the missing piece:
Once your installation is completed, your PHP scripts still won't run. The problem is that you have to define and enable PHP as a "Web Service Extension.
To do this,
1. Open the IIS Management console
2. Expand the server, and expand the "Web Services Extensions"
3. Click "Add a new Web services Extension"
4. Enter PHP in the Extension Name box.
5. In the required files box, Browse to your php directory and add
6. Click ok -> Apply -> ok
theorically, this should work.
Hope this saves someone hours of frustration.