Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services by Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Erik Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy; ISBN: 9780764584350
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 2nd, 2006, 05:42 PM

Default Execute Package Error

I have a package that is doing a copy down to some old DOS data. We still have some legacy DOS programs that need SQL data. Anyhow, I can run the package as myself, but when it tries to use a different login, it fails. I'm assuming there's some logging capabilities that I haven't figured out yet. Can someone please help? I've given the SQL Server Agent login (full control) rights to the directories where the process task runs. The same login as sysadmin rights. I'm at a loss of how to narrow this down further.

Thanks,
Dave

Old February 6th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Authorized User

It still sounds like a permissions issue. Every case I've seen where "it works on my machine," it was a difference in access levels. What is the failure message?

Old February 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM

Found this at:
http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_910228.aspx
4.1.4 Considerations for Assemblies That Contain User-Defined Types
The following limitations apply to common language runtime (CLR) assemblies that contain user-defined types. Common Language Runtime User-Defined Types Should Have Only One Serialization Each instance of a byte-ordered user-defined type object can have only one serialized representation. If the serialize or de-serialize routines recognize more than one representation of a particular object, you may see errors in the following cases: • During validation of a byte-ordered user-defined type passed through RPC, user-defined type validation performs de-serialization/re-serialization of the user-defined type and requires that the resulting bytes be exactly the same as the original. If the validation fails, you will see the error:
"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Incoming TDS RPC protocol stream is incorrect. Parameter 1 ("<ParameterName>"): The supplied value is not a valid instance of data type <TypeName>. Check the source data for invalid values."