Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services by Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Erik Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy; ISBN: 9780764584350
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 6th, 2006, 05:07 AM

Default SSIS Send Mail task problem

Hi,

I have got the problem connected with Send Mail Task in SSIS.
The general idea was: sending email alert to different email users. I tried to use Foreach Loop task which loops through dataset (where the emails are stored) and assign different email addresses to SSIS package variable.

When I try to use this task inside Foreach Loop task I receive this error message: "Error: 0xC002F304 at Send Mail Task, Send Mail Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string."

The SSIS package has variable (string) which is binded with ToLine - property of Send Mail task (it was set up in Expressions tab of Send Mail task). This ToLine property should assign different emails during every loop of Foreach Loop task.

But unfortunately is seems to be not true, because Send Mail task does not allow to assign different values to ToLine property while is in Run-Time.

Have you discovered this quite bizzare Send Mail task behaviour before ??
I appreciate every help and suggestions.

Thanks,Marek

Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:15 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MarekR
 Hi,

I have got the problem connected with Send Mail Task in SSIS.
The general idea was: sending email alert to different email users. I tried to use Foreach Loop task which loops through dataset (where the emails are stored) and assign different email addresses to SSIS package variable.

When I try to use this task inside Foreach Loop task I receive this error message: "Error: 0xC002F304 at Send Mail Task, Send Mail Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string."

The SSIS package has variable (string) which is binded with ToLine - property of Send Mail task (it was set up in Expressions tab of Send Mail task). This ToLine property should assign different emails during every loop of Foreach Loop task.

But unfortunately is seems to be not true, because Send Mail task does not allow to assign different values to ToLine property while is in Run-Time.

Have you discovered this quite bizzare Send Mail task behaviour before ??
I appreciate every help and suggestions.

Thanks,Marek
I don't think this is a bug in SSIS.
I had got the same problem once. For me the problem was with the value that was been assigned to ToLine-property in Mail task. I was supposed to send mail to multiple users whose mail ids was picked up by Database. Hence the value that was being assigned to ToLine-property was like this (abc@xyz.com;def@abc.com;ghi@abc.com;) which made SSIS to throw the error. But the value to be assigned was supposed to look like (abc@xyz.com;def@abc.com;ghi@abc.com)(Notice the semicolon missing after the end of last email id).
This solved the problem for me and now it takes the mail ids dynamically and sends the mail successfully.

Thanks,
Venu C.P.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to sushnair Send a message via MSN to sushnair Send a message via Yahoo to sushnair

Hi,

I have used the Send mail task, it works fine in Visual Studio.
but when i run the SSIS package from a batch file or by just by double clikcing it (ie through the dtexec utility). I get a message
"Send mail task requires higher version of Integration services."

Anyone can suggest

Regards,
Sushma