Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services by Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Erik Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy; ISBN: 9780764584350
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services ISBN: 0-7645-8435-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Default Illegal Character in Flat file

Hello,

I have an strange issue with the flat file that I am working.
There is an illegal character in the file which when SSIS gets to it, treats it as end of line and ignores the rest of that line.
The end of line character in the flat file is only {LF} so I think this file comes from Linux server.
I don't know what this character is and how I can treat it but all I know is if I open the file in the notepad I only see space, if I open it Visual Studio, WordPad, MS Word (Even using UTF-8) all it shows is a small square box, nearly the same size as 0 character.
Any help, suggestion or tips is greatly welcome and I appreciate your help in advance.

Many Thanks,
Mehdi

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:29 AM

Default Solution for cleaning the illegal character

Hello,

You can find the solution in here if you are interested:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...a-92ffd0f19a8b

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mehdi

Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM

Default File editor

I swear by ultraedit.

1) You can operate in Column Mode - including summation on column
2) You can display in hex mode - text on left - hext on the right

Any one doing professional/fulltime processing of files and things 'break' ultraedit normally will show what the issue is.