Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services ISBN: 0-7645-6878-7
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL ServerReporting Services by Paul Turley, Todd Bryant, James Counihan, George McKee, Dave DuVarney; ISBN: 9780764568787
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services ISBN: 0-7645-6878-7 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:02 AM

Default Report scheduling and deposit on network drives.

I have some reports, some of which are server stressful, so I want to give the users the option to schedule when the reports run. An example will be, every month end (long reports) at 3:00am or so, the report will run with all of the data, save it to a PDF, or whatever file, and be in the person's selected drive choice when he/she comes in that day (8:00am or so). The reports do not take that long to run, but other processes are going on, and you get the idea....

Anyhow, I can create the UI for the scheduling part, but I am having a problem thinking how to get the reports ran automatically, triggered by time. I was thinking about using DTS, but I'm not too familiar with DTS. I'm sure there is a more approiate forum to post this question, but thought there was somthing special that reporting services could offer to help me out, in my automatic report running, and depositing.

Thanks!!!!!

Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to bsullins

Can you create a subscription to creat the file on a share or something?

--
Ben Sullins
Sql Developer - Our Vacation Store