Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services ISBN: 0-7645-6878-7
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL ServerReporting Services by Paul Turley, Todd Bryant, James Counihan, George McKee, Dave DuVarney; ISBN: 9780764568787
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services ISBN: 0-7645-6878-7 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Default Need help with demographic report - datasources

I was hoping someone could help me along with this issue I am having.
I have a demographic report that has multiple textbox and each one would contain an average or count of data that would come from different datasources. I converted this report from Access97, it worked fine there (just fyi).

Right now the report has one List control that surrounds all the controls. Inside the control are the averages and counts that are being determined. Right now it takes forever to run the report, I am not even sure what the data looks like at this point because I give up waiting (almost an hour).

So I tried putting each control that deals with a different dataset inside each own List control and bind that list to the datasource it needs. I did that for each control. It ran but contained 2,000 pages of repeated data.

Also, I am not using this report inside a Reporting Solution, but rather I added a Report inside my existing project. Is this ideal? What would be the correct way to use reports if I need to launch a report from within my windows application?

Any help would be appreciated. This has been an issue for months now.

Steve