Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter ISBN: 978-0-7645-8807-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit by David Sussman, Alex Homer; ISBN: 9780764588075
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter ISBN: 978-0-7645-8807-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:39 AM
Authorized User

Default Automate the process of creation bookmarks in word

Hi,
 I have one business requirement to create word doc. from word template (.dot),having bookmarks created by me. I created bookmarks in .dot file non-technically By Insert --> Add Bookmark in word menu options. I want to create the bookmarks automatically,should be created as same as the text.
For example - I have following template.
BANK
ADDRESS
ADDRESS
ADDRESS
PHONE #

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam:

We are in receipt of your <<Legal Request>> on the customer(s) named above which was served upon Bank on America on <<DATE>>.

The following account(s) are <<frozen>> due to this order.

NAME ACCOUNT BALANCE

We expect to hear more from you regarding the <<Legal Request>> and disposition of the account and to the disbursement of the funds.

Should you need to forward any correspondence to us regarding this matter, please direct it to the address noted above. When contacting the Bank regarding this <<Legal Request>> please use the Reference #

<<LTS Tracking #>>
<<LOP Associate Name>>
<<LOP Associate Phone Number>>
the field inside the << >> should be created as bookmarks automaticallly.
Please assist me how can I create the bookmarks thru plugins/Addins or any other better way?

Thanks,
Manish Sharma

Old March 1st, 2006, 10:09 AM
Wrox Staff
Points: 17,906, Level: 58 Points: 17,906, Level: 58 Points: 17,906, Level: 58
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This seems like an odd task to want to accomplish with Visual Web Developer Express Edition (certainly not something covered in the book about it - that's this forum's purpose) or even an odd task for ASP.NET. Maybe there's a better language and tool for you to be using for this and we can direct your question to one of our forums for that lanhuage or tool.

Jim Minatel
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Jim's Book of the week: No book this week - Donate to the Red Cross!