Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter ISBN: 978-0-7645-8807-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit by David Sussman, Alex Homer; ISBN: 9780764588075
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Wrox's ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Starter ISBN: 978-0-7645-8807-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old May 4th, 2006, 07:28 PM

Default Blank Property window...

I am doing Chapter 5 'Creating User Control' section. I have inserted the two /div sections. When I move to the source view and click on the first /div section my property window is blank. How do I get the properties to appear. This happened once before but I restarted and everything was fine. That did not work this time.

Old May 5th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Authorized User

It sometimes takes a few seconds for the contents of the property window to adjust as you select elements. Try clicking on the word "div". Then use the pop-up list that opens from the <div> button at the bottom of the main window to select the complete tag.
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried that but no change. I got around the problem by switching to the Design View and clicking on the /div section. That property window came up fine. But I can get no property window to display in the source view when click on any tag and then force selection via the tag button at the bottom of the page. I can get the 'Document' properties to appear but then it never changes and the drop down in the property window just displays DOCUMENT and no other tag options. Any idea?

thanks.

Old May 5th, 2006, 11:26 AM

I should point out that I have VWD setup on another machine and copied this project (at an earlier stage) over to this machine. I can select any tag on the PPQ.master file in source mode and get properties displayed correctly. It seems that for some reason the properties window is not getting notification of a change in the source window. It is like they have lost syncronization.

thanks.