Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 2005 > C# 2005
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
C# 2005 For discussion of Visual C# 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the C# 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old September 13th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Authorized User

Default C# 2005 Wrox Book?

Since C# 2005 is in beta 1, is there a wrox book that is being written for it, forom the professional rage, or will wrox wait until beta 2, and pubish the book at the same time as vs 2005

Old September 14th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Wrox Staff
Points: 18,650, Level: 59 Points: 18,650, Level: 59 Points: 18,650, Level: 59
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Our current plan is that out first C# 2005 books, including the Professional level book, will be released when the final product releases, checked against the final release code.

Jim Minatel
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Jim's Book of the week: ASP.NET 2.0 Beta Preview
Old September 14th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Authorized User

that makes sense, and i guess you have a fair ammount of time, considering how many times its getting pushed back

Old October 14th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to HuhOiC

I am glad wrox has decided to do this. I would rather buy a good polished book, rather than the 4th edition of a book. Like C# Professional, has 3 editions, that I am aware of. Most of the content is the same, and it should be since not much has been changed since release. So the only thing that must have changed is the spelling, bugs/code, errata, and other minor stuff. I have the first edition to this book and it would have been nice if the 3rd edition was the actual 1st edition to this book. Don't get me wrong, I love wrox and have many, many books, but I am hoping they go for quality. I know it's all business and who pushes the book out first on a topic, but if the reader has a bad experience reading the material with spelling errors and buggy code they won't buy from the publisher again or think twice. It is also not a good thing if it takes the 3rd edition to get the book right. On the upnote, I can't wait till this book comes out and I am confident it will be of quality.

RAyRAy
Huh O i C

Program or Be Programmed!!!