Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 2005 > C# 2005
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
C# 2005 For discussion of Visual C# 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the C# 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:43 AM
Authorized User

Default Null Reference Exception was unhandled

Hi,

I've an application to capture video of image as well as grab still image. It¡¦s running well. Then, I put loop in the code so the application could keep capturing the image repeatedly and automatically. However it gives one exception error:
 NullReferenceException was unhandled „³ ¡¨Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
I found that, this error emerged when I called image from the folder. The reason of my assumption is because when I put comment notation before that line code, the application could run well.
These are the code that call image file from the folder outside of the main body of code programming.

//load an image for subtract
        System.Drawing.Bitmap image2 = (Bitmap)Bitmap.FromFile("plane.Jpeg");
//// apply filter subtract===>>>> call file from out bin folder <<<<=====
        System.Drawing.Bitmap subtract = filter1.Apply(image2);

However, when I run the code, the error refer to this code:
catch (Exception ex)
        {
            throw ex;
        }

For your information, my application not uses any web server for the application. Any body can help me please..

Old February 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to evandro.paula

Hi,

The "errors" that may not be caught by the catch you used are the ones thrown by COM+ (legacy / not RCW). Have you tried using just a "catch" without especifying the exception type?

Regards.