Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 2005 > C# 2005
|
C# 2005 For discussion of Visual C# 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the C# 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old May 30th, 2008, 12:18 AM

Default Data management,access and storing

I am a newbie and have just constructed a site that takes a lot of user input. My next aim is to save this data into a database and then be able to access this.
Considering this, can someone guide me on how to go about reading the following topics:

1.SQL basics tutorials
2.Data management with ADO.NET(do I need to have a comprehensive study of ADO.NET to proceed)
3.Data binding and Data access tutorials

Thanks, any input will be appreciated!!

Old May 30th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Friend of Wrox

Sounds like you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

I personally find www.w3schools.com quite useful, but then I'm not really a newbie anymore. It has basic stuff on SQL and ASP.Net, so might be helpful.

Otherwise I'd recommend either getting a good book, browsing the Microsoft web site (The MSDN stuff particularly), or just googling for whatever your are after (adding the word 'tutorial' to your search often finds good stuff).

/- Sam Judson : Wrox Technical Editor -/