Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 2008 > C# 2008 aka C# 3.0
|
C# 2008 aka C# 3.0 Discuss the Visual C# 2008 (aka C# 3.0) language
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the C# 2008 aka C# 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 1st, 2010, 05:25 AM
Friend of Wrox

I didn't say Selectedvalue, I said SelectedValue.

Think before you post: What have you tried?

Old April 1st, 2010, 05:46 AM
Authorized User

QUOTE=samjudson;255645]I didn't say Selectedvalue, I said SelectedValue..[/QUOTE

I did not follow your spelling when doing coding. I used the Intelligent Sense from C#. I am surprise you have stop accusing, This shows that you are not a favourite helper from this FORUM. My office programmers, 6 of them, they will be emailing this FORUM General manager with your accusation statement. .

Thank you very much.

Have a good day.

Cheers,
Lennie

Old April 1st, 2010, 05:55 AM
Friend of Wrox

Intellisense should have shown you a list of properties for your listbox, and should have helped you get the spelling write. I always reply on the intellisense when coding.

I'm sorry you feel I have been unreasonable, but do you not think getting 6 people who haven't been involved in this thread to email a complaint is a little over the top?

I still stand by my comment. People often post questions on here and then wait hours for a response, when if they had read the documentation or done a simple google search (or asked one of the 6 programmers sitting in their officer perhaps) they would likely have found the answer in 5 minutes or less. These questions fit perfectly into that category in my opinion.

Think before you post: What have you tried?

Old April 1st, 2010, 06:37 AM
Authorized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjudson View Post
Intellisense should have shown you a list of properties for your listbox, and should have helped you get the spelling write. I always reply on the intellisense when coding.

I'm sorry you feel I have been unreasonable, but do you not think getting 6 people who haven't been involved in this thread to email a complaint is a little over the top?

I still stand by my comment. People often post questions on here and then wait hours for a response, when if they had read the documentation or done a simple google search (or asked one of the 6 programmers sitting in their officer perhaps) they would likely have found the answer in 5 minutes or less. These questions fit perfectly into that category in my opinion
---------------------------------------------
Of the 6 programmer, 2 of them were using my Workstation. Both of them were the one that have been posted the problems using my WORKSTATION. My Workstation has 3 Monitors and when both of them saw your accusation they called me to read it as I was working on Laptop writing ASP.NET. Both of them feel very hurt by you. You are supposed to be a friendly P2P Helper instead you are a False ACCUSER and ABUSER. Eventually both of them called the other 4 progammers who were loggin on CSharp Forum doing research. That's why they feel very hurt because you falsely accusing them of not reading.

Thank you very much.

Have a good day.

Cheers,
Lennie

Old April 6th, 2011, 06:21 AM

C# is Case Sensitive and if the IntelliSense is not showing try out it through Tools->Options to turn it on for all language. The listbox have the property called "SelectedValue" not "Selectedvalue".

The another exception you posted here over the formation of SQL string by calling a function, you missed out the parentheses [FormatSQLString()] so the exception might be that "FormatSQLString" is a function but used like a property. VB will automatically add the parentheses with the functions but C# don't. So you need to be little careful when you are doing it in C#. Happy Coding...