Windows services in C#
Of course I am newbie in C#, but my boss asked me for an "piece of cake" application.
Here the problem:
1. I need to develop an application that runs as service, will be started, stopped, paused from control panel
2. This service will read OnStart some information from windows registry.
3. One of this info will the an especific hour when it has to do some task.
3. The service will be checking the actual time untill the specified hour in which has to make some task.
4. The tash is to login in an SQL2K database and move some records from a table to other, using an especific filter.
Could somebody send me some tips, and if possible some example code, about how to develop the service and where I have to call the module that will perform the tasks in the database.
Thank you very much and Merry Christmas