thanks for all your advice and sorry for not responding earlier, I didn't realise so many of you had replied. The error which started above in one of the previous posts after 1+ years could have been caused by a service pack that was installed on the Server as ours was also working fine for over a year when this problem arose.
This is also indicated in the Microsoft article which states, "Based on customer requirements, the manner in which the Regional Settings (primarily the Date/Time format) are read from the system has changed in recent versions of the operating system in order to provide developers with more control of this feature."
The annoying thing with our situation is that we are having this problem with our own test server but the remote server is still working as dd/MM/yyyy. It would be so handy if we could restore our own server to dd/MM/yyyy and not have to carry out extra coding.
thanks for your code for changing the date format, if you can find the method that you used to change the way the it displays the the date that would be great
, I set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\InetInfo\Parameters
SetVarConversionLocaleSetting to 2 as this is meant to force the format to use the system default Regional Settings which you can see from the example above in http://www.barrowvale.com/IIS5DateTimeDiffers/
, I have done.
However, if we have to use the functions to wrap around dates to force the date format then so be it.