If you have "Beginning Dreamweaver MX 2004" (Wrox Publisher, from Brown, Spaanjaars and Marks) please look from page 452 on. It solves your problem quite well, without hand-coding.
If you donÂ´t have it (pitty, a really great book!) , I will give you the steps I learned (and used successfully) from there:
01) In Code View, position the cursor between the closing tag of the repeat-region-block and the closing table tag (still inside the HTML table).
02) Type <tr><td>Previous</td></tr> to insert a new table row below the repeat region
03) Switch to Design view, split the cell in 2 columns (Table > Split Cell) and in the cell just added, type Next
04) Highlight the word "Next" and open the Server Behaviors panel. Click "+" and choose "Recordset Paging > Move to Next Record" and then "Ok" after choosing the "Selection Next" Option and the recordset involved.
05) Repeat the above to the "Previous" word going to "Move to Previous Record" instead, for sure.
I hope it solves the problem.