ASP.NET Multi-Threading, is there such a thing?
Hello everyone! I have a general .NET Question for all of you.
Lets take a simple scenario: Implementing an asp.net Blogging site. When a person submits an article many things happen.
1. Article gets stored in the database table(s)
2. The Author receives points and gets his score recalculated.
3. The Site he posted on receives points and gets score recalculated.
4. Main Listing Cached dataset gets refreshed.
5. The Person gets posted back to the main listing with the new article showing up.
Problem: I think that the question is apparent. Is there a way, with System.Thread or by way of web services, a way to have multiple processes or threads go do these things in the background while the app returns to the main screen? Basically i want it to do jobs, no matter how many, and NOT have the app wait for them to finish before moving on and returning to the main page. thanks