Exchange Server 2k3 Calendar Appointment Programin
Anticipating to share knowledge with great minds.
Issue scenario I am facing:
- I need to create an exchange server Calendar Appointment detail with extra information or metadata - the extra information will be like a string information; example a website url info.
The objective is to call this url when the appointment datetime is reached.
I understand that all/most of the objects visible to OUTLOOK interface have corresponding objects in the Exchange Server Calendar Appointment Classes.
Are there optional fields/columns of 'Appointment' object which a program can access - write/read?
- I have an objective to query through all the Exchange Server Calendar Appointments and filter out the ones with the URL/extra information that has been written/saved.
Is this possible?
- Is it also possible to query through all the Exchange Server Calendar Appointments details of all the other USERS? I was able to access only the login user Appointment detail. Requirement is to access all the Appointments of all users. What is the correct Algorithm?
- If I have an account in the Exchange Server 2003, will granting the account Admin rights allow access to all the other users Calendar Appointments?
If yes, What is the access pattern? Is it like:
> get all user accounts > for each account iterate through the Appointments?
> get all Appointments of all user?
If no, how do we access all Calendar appoints?
- I intend to develop a windows service running in the exchange server, which will poll through all the appointments and triggers actions when the appointment date time is reached. The action will be like calling a URL or triggering application. This url or application information is what is required to be preserved while creating Calendar Appointments.
Will really appreciate if anyone could share their understanding on this.
Thanks in advance.