Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old September 7th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Authorized User

Default How to get inner repeater controls in master detai

Hello,

I have a master detail display in asp.net. I am listing out categories and corresponding subcategories. Near each category there is a check box and for it's corresponding subcategories also there will be check boxes. With check box selecton I should be able to select the categories & subcategories for insertion into table. My problem is, I am getting the categoryid with checkbox selection(by counting the parent repeater items and looping through that), but I am failing to get the subcategory count and details. My output will look like

(checkbox)Category1
   (checkbox)SubCategory11.1
   (checkbox)SubCategory11.2
   (checkbox)SubCategory11.3
(checkbox)Category2
   (checkbox)SubCategory12.1
   (checkbox)SubCategory12.2
(checkbox)Category3

Code for repeater is

<asp:repeater id="parentRepeater" runat="server">
<HeaderTemplate>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
</HeaderTemplate>
<itemtemplate>
<tr>
<td>
<asp:CheckBox ID="chkIncld" Runat="server" Checked="true" Enabled="true"></asp:CheckBox>
<asp:Label ID="lblCategoryID" Runat="server" text='<%# Container.dataitem("CategoryID") %>' Visible="false">
</asp:Label>
</td>
</tr>
<br>
<asp:repeater id="childRepeater" runat="server" datasource='<%# Container.DataItem.Row.GetChildRows("myrelation1") %>'>
<itemtemplate>
<tr>
<td>
<asp:CheckBox id='chksubid' SubId='<%# Container.dataitem("SD") %>' Runat="server" Checked="true" />
<asp:Label ID="lblSubCategoryID" Runat="server" text='<%# Container.dataitem("SD") %>' Visible="false">
</asp:Label>
<%# Container.DataItem("SubCategoryName") %>
</td>
</tr>
<br>
</itemtemplate>
</asp:repeater>
<FooterTemplate>
</table>
</FooterTemplate>
</itemtemplate>
</asp:repeater><asp:button id="Submit" onclick="Doit" runat="server" Width="60px" Text="Submit" Height="20px"></asp:button><asp:label id="Label1" runat="server" visible="false"></asp:label></form>

And code behind will look like

Public Sub Doit(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs)
        Response.Write("<br>")
        Dim i As Integer

Dim iCount As Integer = parentRepeater.Items.Count - 1

Dim _chk As Integer

Dim _lblCateDesc As Label
        Dim _lblDescID As Label

Dim _lblID As String

' Spin through all the items and add the checked Parts
        For i = 0 To iCount

_chk = (CType(parentRepeater.Items.Item(i).FindControl("c hkIncld"), CheckBox).Checked) * -1
            _lblCateDesc = CType(parentRepeater.Items.Item(i).FindControl("lb lCategoryName"), Label)
            _lblDescID = CType(parentRepeater.Items.Item(i).FindControl("lb lCategoryID"), Label)

If _chk = 1 Then

_lblID = _lblDescID.Text & " , " & _lblID

End If
        Next
End sub