Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 6th, 2005, 01:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to FFighter
Default Using MS PowerPoint features in my app

Hello all, it is my first post here, firstly I would like to say that I will be doing my best to help others if I can.

I was given a project to do that is quite simple in conception but turned out to be quite complex to implement for me if I were to do it the way I want - my client wants me to build a PowerPoint cataloger program that can be put on a CD with tons of .ppt or .pps presentations. This app would list all the files and would show a interactive preview of the currently selected. I have only a basic notion about COM and .NET programming but the sufficient to know that if there´s a way to do that its trough COM/COM+.

The other way would be to store screenshots of the presentations in the jpeg format but I would really want to do it the other way...

To be more specific and direct:

I need to put a interactive thumbnail on my app that will open the current selected presentation file in the listbox. Does the MSPPT type library have this feature? How to access it trough C#.NET?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

Old December 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via AIM to Ankur_Verma Send a message via MSN to Ankur_Verma

I have not come acros any 'direct' way to go about it, yet. Although you can create thumbnails "on the fly" by saving the ppt's slide/s as jpeg files throgh your code.

Regards
Ankur Verma