Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 5th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Authorized User

Default trying to get content from text box printed

Hi,
  I am having 2 form with lot of textboxes and labels on it and lot of calculation done and they appear on the textbox to view.Now i want the contents to be printable but in a particular format.Can anyone please help me in this.
Thanking You,
Josna.

Josna
Old January 5th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,073, Level: 100 Points: 72,073, Level: 100 Points: 72,073, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

Hi there,

I am not sure exactly what you're asking here. Are you asking how to hide or show specific elements when a page gets printed? Is this about Windows Forms or about Web Forms?

In the latter case, you might be better off asking this question in the CSS forum.

If you do repost in another forum, can you please provide more details?

Cheers,

Imar
---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Authorized User

Hi,
  I have 2 forms which take some details from the user into the textboxes ,do the respective calculations on them and display the result again in the textboxes.I basically want the content from all the textboxes from both the form to be gathered together in a printable format.How can i do this.Can you please help me.
Thanking You,
Josna

Josna
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,073, Level: 100 Points: 72,073, Level: 100 Points: 72,073, Level: 100

I am not sure I understand your reply. It's almost exactly the same as the initial question. You're not providing the answers to my questions that are necessary before we can answer yours. You have to help us a little helping you. So:

I am not sure exactly what you're asking here. Are you asking how to hide or show specific elements when a page gets printed? Is this about Windows Forms or about Web Forms?

In the latter case, you might be better off asking this question in the CSS forum.

If you do repost in another forum, can you please provide more details?

Cheers,

Imar
Imar Spaanjaars
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Authorized User

Hi,
  I dont know how to make the contents in a textbox to print.I wanted to know a way so that i can print the contents from the textbox in my windows based form.Can you please help me.
Thanking You,
Josna

Josna
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Wrox Author

In that case, I suggest you post your question in the Beginning VB.NET or C# forums, depending on the language you're using.

VB: http://p2p.wrox.com/vb-net-2002-2003-basics-76/
C#: http://p2p.wrox.com/c-22/

Again, I think it's wise to provide more details when you repost there. Explain your setup, what you have already accomplished, what *exactly* you want the forms to do and print and so on. Without those details, it's pretty hard to help you.

Imar
Imar Spaanjaars
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Authorized User

Hi,
  I will tell u what exactly i want.I am having 2 forms on which there are textboxes and they take the input from the user and when the button is clicked they display the results in the other textboxes.This is a windows based.

some part of the code is like this
in the button click action i have written

a = txta.Text
Ai=txtAi.Text
 b = Ai / a
txtb.Text=b

the above code will take the values from the user for a anD Ai and will display the result on the textbox b.Now my problem is that i want the a,Ai and b to be printed out .How can i do that.Can you please help me and thx a lot for ur patience with me.
Thanking You,
Josna

Josna
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Wrox Author

Like I said, post this in an appropriate forum. This one is about the .NET Framework 2.0 and can be used for general discussions about the .NET Framework.

I don't know much about printing from Windows forms, so I cannot help you. However, the forums I pointed you to are visited by people that do know how to print from Windows forms. So posting there should increase your chances on a good answer.

Imar
Imar Spaanjaars
Old January 6th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Authorized User

Hi Imar,
    Thank you for ur reply.I will Post my query in that forums.Thank you once again for ur kind reply.
Thanking You,
Josna

Josna
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:37 PM

Hi Josna,
 I also facing the same problem to print the content of a textbox in ASP.Net. If you have find out any solution please replay me.

Regards,
Abin Mathew