Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via ICQ to anup_daware Send a message via MSN to anup_daware Send a message via Yahoo to anup_daware
Default Enterprise Library Logging Application Block Basic

Hi Group,
Can somebody tell me where I can find the internals of Logging application block 2.0/3.0.
I need answers for the questions like:
What best practices have followed in the implementation of logging application block?
Is buffered writing is supported by this block?
Does it write synchronously or asynchronously to the specified destination?
Like, let’s say I am writing the log in the database then do I have to wait for completion of logging process or it is done asynchronously, so does my current thread do this for me or logging is handled by a separate thread?
Any other benefits I get by using the logging application block?
Why shouldn’t I for Log4Net of my own logger and use the enterprise library Logging Application Block?

Any clue or even a link addressing these issues will be a great help

Thanks,
Anup

--Everything you can imagine is real.--