Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 9th, 2007, 03:23 AM

Default Error Message: Asp.Net Server failed to start ...

Hi every body,

I have a trouble in Running my .NET Projects for first time. I am listing the problem I faced below. Please help me with exact solution.

Initially when I press the run button, just within few seconds a Message Box from ASP.NET Development Server is thrown with Message as,

ASP.NET Development Server
ASP.NET Development Server failed to start listing on port 1649.
Error Message:
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

Then, after few minutes, when not responding to the message thrown, another Message Box appears from Microsoft Visual Studio as,

Microsoft Visual Studio
Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server.

Now the sequence of attending to the messages thrown is, from my observations, to click Ok on latter and then the previous one. Else the whole time spent would be wasted. And from this point the project works well. This is a typical situation I had been experiencing for every project I create initially.

Thanking you,

Regards, Ramakrishna