Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default [2005] Crystal Report Exception Error

I am using Crystal Report as part of my application. On my development machine it works fine. When I create a set up project and install on another PC I get error. Any ideas what is wrong?

Code:
System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
  Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception."
  Source="QtyComparison"
  StackTrace:
       at QtyComparison.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__    (T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
       at QtyComparison.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()
       at QtyComparison.Form1.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\vgwprja\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\QtyComparison\QtyComparison\Form1.Designer.vb:line 2
       at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.Run(Boolean checkAptModel)
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.ExecuteAsAssembly()
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext, String[] activationCustomData)
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssemblyDebugInZone()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Old February 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Friend of Wrox

Looks like some part of Crystal Reports isn't installed properly, but other than that I have no idea.

I know I try to help, but there are better forums elsewhere for Crystal Report type problems.

http://support.businessobjects.com/f...?fid=251&sk=5&
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...eID=1&PageID=1

Also, try searching google for your error, as I suspect others have had this problem before.
(try "The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocu ment' threw an exception" in google).

/- Sam Judson : Wrox Technical Editor -/

Old February 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Friend of Wrox

Here is the package information. It looks like it includes the 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll'.

Code:
------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'Setup of Compare' ------ 
------ Pre-build validation for project 'Setup of Compare' completed ------
------ Rebuild All started: Project: Setup of Compare, Configuration: Debug ------
Building file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vgwprja\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\QtyComparison\Setup of Compare\Debug\Setup of Compare.msi'...
Packaging file 'QtyComparison.exe.config'...
Packaging file 'QtyComparison.exe'...
Packaging file 'Advantage.Data.Provider.dll'...
Packaging file 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll'...
========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Old February 26th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Friend of Wrox

I've already given you all the help I can.

/- Sam Judson : Wrox Technical Editor -/