Wrox Programmer Forums
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Default Compatibility issue

Hi,

I want to start Web programing with C#.net so want to install ASP.Net and SQL server softwares in my notebook which has operating system "Windows Home Basic". With which version of Vista .Net sqlserver are compatible?

Please help me.I need exact information which version of Windows Vista is compatible for .Net and sqlserver software and vice versa to install?

Is it with Vista Home Basic?
           Vista Home Premium?
           Vista Ultimate?

Thanks in advance.

Old March 24th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Friend of Wrox

Have you checked the "System Requirements" page on the Microsoft site for the respective software packages?

Vista comes with .NET built in, and you can install later versions on it without a problem.

You also should not have a problem with SQL server. The Visual Studio 2008 CTP and Betas come on a virtual PC build of Vista that includes .Net 3.5, VS, and SQL Express.

You would be best served to check the Microsoft site. They have charts with what can installed on what OS.

The main limitation most people experience is that the home editions (definitely XP and perhaps Vista too) don't come with IIS. This is not a major problem as visual studio 2005 and later come with the Casini development web server that VS starts up for you.

-Peter
peterlanoie.blog