Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default ObjectDataSource in UserControl

I have some code that is going to be used in several places in my project, and it is an ideal candidate for a UserControl. It is a search/results form. It uses an ObjectDataSource to get the results from the search criteria.

I set the properties of the ODS at runtime, in the Page_Load of the control and in the Page_Load of the host page. When the host page loads up, there are no errors, but when I run the search, I get the error, "ObjectDataSource 'odsSelector' could not find a non-generic method 'GetUnapprovedCases' that has parameters: UserCenterID, SearchType, UserCenterID1, SearchType1.".

UserCenterID1 and SearchType1 do not exist. What gives? I have a feeling I am close to the answer here, but it eludes me. Thanks in advance for your comments.

The Page_Load of the control looks like this:

Code:
Private Shared SearchText As String = ""

Private Shared ClassName As String

Private Shared MethodName As String

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load 
With odsSelector

.SelectParameters.Add("UserCenterID", TypeCode.Int32, Session("UserCenterID")) 

.SelectParameters.Add("SearchType", TypeCode.String, Trim(txtSearchTypeValue.Text)) 

.SelectParameters("SearchType").DefaultValue = "LastName"

.TypeName = ClassName 
.SelectMethod = MethodName

End With

End Sub
The values for ClassName and MethodName are passed in the Host page's load event.