Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
|
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old May 5th, 2008, 05:52 AM

Default Magnetic Cursor - Target Area Cursor?

Hello!

First of all, I'm using Visual Studio 2005 C++ and .net Framework.

I have two question for slightly similar cases:

1. I'm developing a "kind of ultra simplified web browser" for people with disabilities, I have replaced the cursor for a custom one (actually I just hided the real one and showing a fake one). Every time I want to click on a hyperlink I need to precisely position the cursor over the linked object, let's say a precise point. When the hyperlink is a picture or something relatively big there is no problem, but when the linked object is text, is a nightmare for people with mobility disabilities to precisely position the cursor over the text. I was wondering ... "How can I create something like a -magnetic - hyperlink that could attract the cursor when a certain proximity is detected?" For example if the cursor is positioned within 10 pixels of distance from the "area" with the hyperlink, the cursor will move automatically to that new position. Sample here

2.- The second case is similar, but in this case I have a "target cursor" instead of an arrow cursor. In addition, the "hand" was replaced with an "active target" for those cases in which there is a hyperlink detected by the cursor. How can make the target to become active target whenever the hyperlink is detected within its "target area?" even 1 pixel inside the area would trigger that activation and of course if clicked would proceed accordingly. Sample here

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.
Thanks in advance.

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to gbianchi

Hi there.. Your project sounds very interesting..

Couple of ideas (I don't have an exact answer for you). Did google throw any idea?
Are you parsing the page by yourself? (Maybe you can "read" all the links in the page, and when the user click somewhere, check your side of the click and simulate the click with a redirect.)

HTH

Gonzalo

================================================== =========
Read this if you want to know how to get a correct reply for your question:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
^^Took that from dparsons signature and he Took that from planoie's profile
My programs achieved a new certification (can you say the same?):
WORKS ON MY MACHINE
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000818.html
I know that CVS was evil, and now i got the proof: