Wrox Programmer Forums
|
.NET Framework 3.5 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 3.5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Default Resource file and Localisation

I am trying out localization in C# 3.5. from what I learned, I can have seperate resource file "*.resx" for each local i want my application to support and at the same time one default resource file in case no specific resource is available. so in my test application, i have 2 resource files, resource1.resx and resource1.en-AU.resx. In my PC regional setting, i set my country to Autralia and format to English Australia, so I assume my local is Autralia that's why I create the second resource file.

The problem is when I run the application, it picks up resource from the default resource file not the Australia one. So can you tell me what's wrong? It suppose to pick up resource from the second resource file which is "resource1.en-AU.resx". And when I change from "resource1.en-AU.resx" to "resource1.en-US.resx", only then the application picks up resource from the second resource file.

Thanks for your help.

Old August 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Thumbs up

goto internet explore options
in that general tab. you can see "languages" button. click on that button.
add whichever language you want to support.
put that language on top most position by "move up" button.
click Ok button and close everything.

now try to run your test application. now it will auto pick up your language other than default.