Extract build data from Oracle database
I have a question for all of you. I am illustrating my case step wise:
1. We have an existing build system that has about 70 configuration parameters saved in oracle 9i database as indexes .
2. For mapping our existing build data to the format of the new build system we would be using, i am thinking of quickly extracting the information for a particular build into a high-level report.
3. This temporary report, i was told, can be efficiently done with the use of crystal reports to extract the data, and format it into a usable report.
4. We are also planning to make it a web-based one aswell.
5. Also, the present mapping information is not fully documented and will have to be extracted from a number of different sources.
First of all, i am new to this project and i have no clue as to where to start. I have very minimal knowledge of build systems and as to how to extract the info for a particular system. I was recommended to use Crystal reports for reporting purposes. If any of you guys can shed some light on all the steps it would be great !!
If possible please elaborate the steps to go about it, how i can make it a web-based one; the on-line resources i can rely on specifically for this task; any suggestions about my intended steps as illustrated above; etc.,
I know, that i am asking a lot, but this is very urgent !! Please bear with me and suggest me the modus-operandi to go about it.
I truly appreciate your help !!