Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > PHP/MySQL > Pro PHP
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro PHP Advanced PHP coding discussions. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to the Beginning PHP forum.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro PHP section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: , Ca, USA.
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Browser specific bugs

I'm writing a script to deal a game of Texas Hold'em Poker.

The script uses sessions and includes some php and html files (header, footer, functionLib).

When using FireFox and Netscape Navigator, the script deals 2 cards on the turn and river, but in subsequent games it deals only 1 (like it's supposed to).

For those who don't know. In Hold'em, every player gets 2 down or pocket cards. Then 3 community cards are dealt face up in the middle of the table: this is the flop. Then 1 more community card is dealt: the turn. And finally one more community card: the river.

When using MS IE, the script works fine! It deals one card on the turn and river during the first game (and is subsequent games).

In short, FireFox and Navigator deal 2 cards during the first game when it's supposed to deal 1. IE does not have this problem.

Check it out at: http://pokeredu.com/exercises/holdem/holdem.php

(To see the bug again, be sure to close all windows of your browser to restart the session.)

I suspect it has something to do with the sessions and the brower's type.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dirk Bruins

Thanks!
Dirk
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: , Ca, USA.
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's solved ... I put all the functions in the main script (i.e. instead of including a functionLib).

Not sure what's going on, but it's a solution. ;)

Thanks!
Dirk
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: , Ca, USA.
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Another thing I found was if I only included one fn library there were no bugs. But if 2 libraries are included it lead to problems.

Thanks!
Dirk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy specific data in specific cells of sheet2 yogeshyl Excel VBA 1 May 14th, 2007 07:40 AM
Specific-browser Rendering by Web Controls mrf ASP.NET 2.0 Basics 0 August 24th, 2006 03:57 PM
Heighlight specific text when open file in browser salman Classic ASP Databases 1 May 5th, 2004 02:07 PM
Heighlet Specific Word when open file in a browser salman Classic ASP Databases 1 March 30th, 2004 06:30 AM
Heighlet specific Text when open file in browser salman Classic ASP Databases 0 March 30th, 2004 05:57 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.