Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 9th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Access queries and Crystal Report 9.0

Hello everybody,
I have the old working report written in Crystal Report 9.0, which is using queries from Access 97 database. Now I have to do some changes to this report. I've created couple new queries for those changes and tried to replace the old query to new one using the Database Expert in Crystal 9.0, but I do not see those new queries in the list of all queries in my database. I am using ODBC connection from the Crystal Report to the data source. I've created that report by myself a year ago on same PC. But after that I've installed VS.NET on my PC. I had a guess about some conflicts, but I've uninstalled VS.NET and Crystal Reports 9.0 and installed Crystal again but it did not help. I've opened the new report and connected to same DSN to see those queries, but I cannot see them again. What is going on?
I am in frustration. I really need your help.
Thanks on advance.
     -Dmitriy

Old March 11th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Friend of Wrox

Hello,
I finally figured out the reason I cannot see my new queries from inside the Crystal Report's list of stored procedures. I've found them (surprise !!!) in the list of [u]views</u>. I've checked the MS Access system tables and found my new queries in the MSysObjects table but did not find them in the MSysQueries table. Maybe because of this the Crystal Report does not see them as queries. But here I still do not understand the reason the Access is treating differently almost same queries (I've just copied the existing query and renamed them)?
Any ideas???
Thanks,
     Dmitriy