Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:27 AM

Default packaging & deploying vb application

i have developed an application using vb6.0, sql server 7.0 and crystal reports 8.5. Now my problem is concerned with the packaging part. I also wanted to know that how could i copy my database on to other machine. do i need to have sql installed on my client's computer as well if i need to run my software over there? and many a times i have noticed that when i copy my reports on to some other machine , then too i am not able to connect those reports to my database. Please give ur valuable suggestions in this matter as soon as possible.

Old March 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Authorized User

Hello Sameera,
I think the best thing to do when packaging your app. is to use a software like setup factory.Thats what i use.Dont worry if you got any problems just let me know.oK? Take care.

Old March 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Authorized User

well Sameera i read your request carefully this time and i think i really undersatnd waht you are talking about.
Well with crystal report system just scan for dependencies using the software i suggested for you and then just configure its paths.
thats it.
Regards Dexter...

Old March 13th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Friend of Wrox

Hello Dexter,

It is nice to have you posting in the forum here, and I'd like to make a little suggestion. The post you are responding to is almost 4 years old, which in programmers years is about 50 years. It is likely that Sameera is no longer working in VB6, Sql Server 7, and Crystal Reports 8.5... and in all likelyhood there are very few developers at all working in this environment anymore.

Sometimes it might be a good thing to dredge up an old post like this, and I don't mean to suggest otherwise. However, it might be more useful to look for current posts where someone is waiting for help.

Woody Z
http://www.learntoprogramnow.com
How to use a forum to help solve problems
My blog... please visit