Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old May 15th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Authorized User

Default VB6 DataReport and ADO

Hi,

I've never used the DataReport and want to display/print some parametrized queries from SQL Server at run-time, such as ".. WHERE EmpId = <variable>".

Q_1: Is there a way to generate a recordset and subsequently display it via DataReport ? I generate a lot of recordsets for the HFlexGrids in my software, but somehow I cannot do it with the DataReport.

Q_2: If I have to use the DataEnvironment, how can I parametrize my query so that it can use run time parameters ?

Thanx

Mike

Old June 8th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Friend of Wrox

Select the SQL option in the command properties.
Ex: SELECT empno,empname,dept FROM emp WHERE empno=?

and in the next page select the datatype of the parameter

if it is number select Integer