Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to Cr0vaX
Default Domain Password Validation

Is there anyway to validate a password on a Domain? via Visual Basic.

I've already searched all the web after this, I can already get the Logged in user, but not the password(even if it's encrypted), thank you.

Old June 16th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Authorized User

Using APIs you can get all sort of info. Try NetUserGetInfo and go from there. You'll have alot of reading ahead.

Not sure what you want to do exactly but there is no way to retrieve the user's password. Any program out there that 'retrieves' lost password is actually hacking it.

There are many ways to authenticate a user/password against the domain/server. Try 'impersonate'. I forget the exact API. Look for it in platform SDK: Security

Old June 17th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to Cr0vaX

hehe

I think I found what I want :D

and don't worie I don't want to hack anything, in fact I don't need to retrieve anything, I just want to authenticate the user, so I don't need to create passwords fom programs and also passwords for network :)

thank you :D

Old June 21st, 2004, 02:16 PM

Please tell me how i´m working on the same kind of authentication

JPS