Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 25th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to bishnupokhrel Send a message via Yahoo to bishnupokhrel
Default setting from address in outlook mail item

Hello all,

I am getting problem to set "from address" in outlook mail item. My task is to copy mails from a existing mailing system ( which stores all the mail in SQL server database) to outlook.

While creating the mail, everything works fine except i can not assign from address.

After creating a mail, when viewed in outlook, i can not see the from address.

Any idea???

Regards
Bishnu

Below is my code
-----------------------------
Set objNewMail = golApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objNewMail
       .Body = "hello"
       Set a = .Recipients.Add("bbb@yahoo.com")
       a.Type = olOriginator
       Set a = .Recipients.Add("aaa@yahoo.com")
       a.Type = olTo
       .Subject = "hello"
       .Save
       .Move gnspNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
End With
http://www.bishnupokharel.com.np/

Old January 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Wrox Author

Hi Bishnu,

the steps in the book assumes you are working with an MS Exchange server. if you are using another mail server, then I cannot help you, unfortunately.

Regards
/Göran Husman