Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old October 18th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Authorized User

Default Printing an irregular Shape with VB

I have been using Floodfill API to draw filled irregular shapes corrected by a series of points on a Picture box. I have been trying to print the same shape using Floodfill API and Printer.hDC. The filling does not work. Any help will be appreciated

Old October 18th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Friend of Wrox

Use GetDeviceCaps to check if your printer supports fill capability
Marco

Old October 18th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Friend of Wrox

Hi marcostraf,

I need more info regarding this.
The original post tells that he draws a shape in a picture box. My problem is also same type.

I want to design an application to draw a shirt (garment factory) by giving shirt measurements(long sleeves, width, height, next style etc). By default i will show a layout with predefined measurements(only lines layout). And the user can change the measurements to suit his measurements(dragging lines). I want to show a grid layout containing points. The scaling is in inches. Finally, i will print on the plotter with the new measurements (in inches only).

How can i do this? I dont have any idea regarding.

Thanx in advance

Old October 19th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Friend of Wrox

rajanikrishna,
the task description you gave was excellent, but what it not clear is in which part do you need help. Drawing? Scaling? Dragging? Filling? Printing? The original post was about a print filling problem.
Marco
PS next time please start a new thread.

Old October 20th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Authorized User

Hi Marco

I was able to use GetDeviceCaps API to retrieve Printer filling Capability. I have discovered that most printers does not support filling. Now do you have any suggestion for printing an irregular shape with VB6 and Windows API.

Thanks a lot

Niaz

Old October 20th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Friend of Wrox

Can't you just print the image from the PictureBox to the Printer?
Marco