Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 31st, 2005, 08:04 AM
Authorized User

Default Object Library (VBA Excel), asking help here

Hi all,

I am having trouble with updating a reference to a DLL file programmatically. Let's call this file MYDLL.dll. I check whether MYDLL.dll is missing (i.e. IsBroken). If so, I try to remove it from the Object Library by using the

Thisworkbook.Vbproject.References.Remove (item) statement.

However, the item is still present in the Reference List(but now the tick box is unchecked). I now have multiple entries of MYDLL.dll, but how do I actually delete these items from the list?
My program should check whether the MYDLL.dll is broken, if so remove the reference (or delete it), and then add MYDLL.dll again using the AddFromFile statement.
No errors occur when running the code, but MYDLL.dll isn't updated with the new path I specified, it still uses the original path of the MYDLL.dll which I removed from the Object Libary.

I have been working on this problem for over a week now, but I think I am missing something fundamental. I am not sure whether this is my code, or my computer being the culprit, but any help would be appreciated!

-Max

Old post: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37933