Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:52 AM

Default movie

anybody knows how to autoplay an .avi files(Not animation, its a video files)?Which component should I use? I also want to control the length of the movie using timer...any help will be appreciated thanks

P.S.: the autoplay part I want it to play without having me to click any command button
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Friend of Wrox

the easiest way is to use the "Miscrosoft Multimedia Control", in the MSDN there is also a simply example on how to use it.
If you have more control and do it yourself, you can use the mciSendString API in winmm.dll