Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Dial a phone number?

Does anyone know if there's a component that I can use in Access that would allow me to dial a phone number using the PC modem?

We have an extensive contacts list, from which we constantly refer for phone numbers and it would be real nice, next to the phone number text box to have a button that would allow the user to dial that number.

It would have to take in some basic details like the fact that we dial 9 to get an outside line and then would have to prompt the user either (a) when the number has been dialed or (b) when the phone starts ringing so that they pick up the handset.

Any advice welcome.

Sean

PS: As this question could well be a VBAPI question as well (or instead of) and Access question, I have x-posted to the VB forum, too.

Regards,

Sean Anderson

Sean Anderson

Old June 14th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to amarjits Send a message via MSN to amarjits Send a message via Yahoo to amarjits

Try using the VBA API to create an MSComm Control and use it with "AT Commands" of PC Modem...like AT, ATD<phone number>......once you know abt the AT Commands you will b able to control the modem/phone device easily...

I have to find out the exact things for u if u want me to...but first try yourselves.

the key is "Modem AT Commands"
trying googling this...

Amarjit Singh

Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Authorized User

please give me idea to do using asp.net 2.0.
Let me know if any features are available to do in asp.net 2.0

Thanks,
Viji.S