Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:49 AM
Authorized User

Default textboxes or list boxes with multiple fore color

i m developin an application for a school in dubai.
i need to list the students name in a multiline text box n differentiate them based on the gender(like green for boys n red for girls).
i think it can be done with list boxes.
but i need it in multiline text boxes.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Friend of Wrox

You need to use a RichTextBox. This allows formatting, including color. (A standard TextBox control will not be able to do this.)

Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Friend of Wrox

or you can use a MSFlexGrid (it is what I will do, it is much easier to display columns of data)

"There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the third one works."
Unknown

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:45 PM
Authorized User

i have to allow users to edit that list.
but i think both richtext box and flex r read only.
is there any other way?

Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Friend of Wrox

I don't think you are right about the rich text box.
I believe it acts like a subset of Word.
It [u]can</u> be read only, but I don’t think it has to be.
Seems to me (if I recall properly) it has a .Save method...

Old April 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Friend of Wrox

The RichTextBox is definately not "read only". It acts very much like a standard textbox, but it works with rtf (rich text format) data. In other words, you can use it for the purpose you describe.

Another (probably better) option is to use a standard Listview. You can easily change the color of each cell.

Woody Z
http://www.learntoprogramnow.com
How to use a forum to help solve problems